The South Florida Underwater Photography Society (SFUPS) is a non-profit social organization dedicated to the promotion of excellence in underwater photography through its membership. Society members have been meeting since 1980 appealing to the interests of hundreds of photographers, raising the awareness of ocean conservation initiatives, and sharing with our local community images of the sea life and reef scenes South Florida waters have to offer.
Monthly meetings consist of guest speakers, digital image presentations, monthly intra-club photo competitions and exchanges of information relating to scuba diving and all aspects of underwater imaging. The Society routinely attracts marine scientists from local Universities, leaders in the dive industry, and is oftentimes a wayward point for industry professionals of underwater photography traveling through Florida to meet and dive with our members.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month; Social at 6:00 PM,
Meeting starts at 7:00 PM from January to November
- For 2023 we are alternating between Zoom and in-person meetings – hybrid meetings are discontinued
- January, March, May, July, September, and November will be Zoom ONLY
- February, April, June, August, and October will be in person ONLY – recording will be available at a later date
- December is our holiday party
We have moved! Our new location is:
202 SE 5th Avenue, Delray Beach
We welcome guests and enthusiasts of all skill levels.
- To provide a means and place for fellow underwater photographers to exchange and share ideas and techniques of underwater photography, both still photography and video.
- To improve our members’ underwater photographic abilities by sharing our passion, best practices and lessons learned.
- To promote an understanding of our marine world by displaying imagery and video of underwater wildlife in local exhibits.
- To share the wonders of the ocean and marine life through our underwater photography with the hope that it will inspire others to protect the marine environment.