HOW TO SUBMIT A PHOTO GALLERY
We would like to encourage all SFUPS members to showcase their imagery in a photo gallery on the SFUPS website. This is a free benefit of membership. Your gallery may also be featured on the home page. Here’s how . . .
Please submit the following:
- A photo of you for your bio page.
- A short write up about yourself, your underwater photography experience and the equipment you use. You may also include your personal photography website address.
- Image files. Send between 10 (minimum) and 30 (maximum) images. Image files should be 1400 pixels in the long direction in JPEG format. You may email the images, however, please separate into several emails due to the size of the files. You could also send via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Its free and easy.
- Images are right click protected. However, you may wish to add your own watermark to your images.
- A short descriptive caption of each image in a separate Word document or email. The caption can be as simple as the subject name, or more detailed to include where the photo was taken, interesting facts about the subject, etc.
- While not required, providing camera settings for each image can be helpful to those viewing your images. Please use the following format. Camera make and model, lens, shutter speed, f-stop, ISO. (For example: Canon 7DII, Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens, 1/125 second, f-8, ISO 200.) This EXIF metadata is easily obtained by viewing the image properties or via Lightroom’s Library module or other image processing software.
While captions and camera settings are not required, they are a very helpful learning tool for other members. Your time in providing this information will be appreciated. You may add additional galleries at any time.
Contact Susan Mears at email@example.com to submit images or if you have any questions.
NOTE: Your SFUPS membership must be current to keep your galleries online.